Rather than grind your already deflated January self (or possibly inflated depending how much Christmas grub you enjoyed like me) through more mental turmoil by banning yourself from things you enjoy, or promising to do more stuff you hate. Why not consciously praise yourself for 5-10 things you really like about yourself. Other than that, the rules are up to you, except we want to hear about them!
I'll be struggling for ten, but here goes...
1. I'm tall, I always have been, and I presume I always will be, so I'm going to embrace it! I'm going to buy more heels- and wear them. I'll stand tall and not slouch like a grumpy teen, because I know lots of people who'd like to be able to reach the biscuits in the top cupboard without a Yellow Pages or two.
2. I have curves, and I have many a lumpy bit. I get chub rolls and I sometimes wear Bridget Jones knickers. But in the same breath I love food, like really love it. So, I'm going to strive to be as happy with my lumpy bits as I am with a bacon and egg roll.
3. You know the friend in films who's sometimes a bit inappropriate, a bit loud and opinionated. I think that may be me. But the thing is, I don't set out to be like that, it just kind of happens that if I have an opinion then I'll probably share it. If people don't like that, I am genuinely sorry, but it's just me, and I'm happy with me.
4. If I'm having a good hair/make-up day, then I'm going to celebrate it. It's not everyday it happens, so why play it down. We all appreciate people have off-days when they just feel Urghh, well I'm proposing on-days, where you feel a million dollars an that's okay!
5. My eyes. I like them. I haven't quite put my finger on why yet, but I just do. Granted, only with make up, but they're really not that bad. I shall flash and flutter them all year long in appreciation.
6. Will be to think of another five positives throughout the year. Everything in life is better when your happy, so let's strive for that rather than the un-obtainable!
So there we have it. My 5 (6) New Years resolutions for a more positive and happy year. If you fancy joining in, please tweet Ebony @ebzo or myself @breadandbeautyx Or leave a comment below.
Bread and Beauty X